Nearly a year and 5,200 ft farther above sea level, the North American Society for Trenchless Technology (NASTT) is ready to bring the 2015 NASTT No-Dig Show to the Mile High City.
From March 15-19, the City will be abuzz with activity as trenchless professionals from around the world converge for the largest conference and tradeshow in North America dedicated solely to the promotion of trenchless technology.
The 2015 event marks the first time NASTT’s No-Dig Show has visited the Centennial State — a surprise given the City’s spot as a hub for the engineering industry.
Show activities, from gala dinners and technical sessions to short courses and chapter meetings take place at the Colorado Convention Center, which is located within walking distance of 300 restaurants, the nine theaters that make up the Denver Performing Arts Complex and a bevy of shopping opportunities.
Approximately 173 exhibitors will fill the exhibit hall displaying the latest in trenchless equipment and technology and to answer attendees’ question.
The No-Dig technical paper program brings approximately 160 peer-reviewed technical papers to be presented, focusing on a diverse range of trenchless topics, including horizontal directional drilling (HDD), cured-in-place pipe (CIPP), microtunneling, inspection, case histories, asset management, pipe jacking and ramming, water and sewer rehabilitation, project planning, inspection and trenchless research.
The No-Dig papers are presented in a six-track schedule and are grouped mostly by subject matter so attendees can choose to attend five paper presentations at any given time.
As the show nears, here are few items to mark on your calendars.
Pre- and post-conference seminars are available to attendees at an additional cost.
- Sunday, March 15, NASTT’s Trenchless Technology Short Course-New Construction and Rehabilitation will be held.
- Slated for March 18-19, are several informative courses presented by NASTT.
The conference gets under way with its annual kick-off breakfast from 7:30 to 9:15 a.m. Monday, March 16.
- During this event, the formal presentation of the 2015 Trenchless Technology Person of the Year will be made. This year’s recipient is Midwest Mole CEO Dan Liotti.
- Following that presentation, the winners, runners up and honorable mentions for the 2014 Trenchless Technology Projects of the Year for Rehabilitation and New Installation will be formally recognized.
- Rounding out the breakfast awards are NASTT’s 2014 Outstanding Papers in Rehabilitation and New Installation Awards.
- We said the NASTT No-Dig Show was about fun and networking, well how is this for you – breakfast closes with a performance by award-winning entertainer and speaker Craig Karges. Kargas bills himself as an “extraordinist” and his shows blend magic with the science of psychology and the power of intuition.
Let your brain and body unwind at the most anticipated networking event of the conference, NASTT’s 14th annual Educational Fund Auction & Reception from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Colorado is one of the nation’s top ski destinations; hence the “Totally Rad Slopes” 1980s ski theme. So be sure to deck yourself out in your best day-glow neon, leg warmers and puffy jackets for an event that’s sure to be a totally awesome time — all for a great cause.
Tuesday, March 17, NASTT will host its annual gala awards dinner. NASTT will present several awards and will induct its fourth NASTT Hall of Fame Class: David Magill Jr. — who passed away in January 2014, Ron Halderman and Kaleel Rahaim.
The 2015 No-Dig event closes with a luncheon and keynote address on Wednesday, March 18. This also serves as a look ahead to Dallas in 2016, which will serve as the silver anniversary for the NASTT No-Dig Show.
For more information about the 2015 No-Dig Show, visit nodigshow.com or contact Benjamin Media, which handles the show’s management, at (330) 467-7588.